Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Wednesday Whining

(I skipped Tackle-It-Tuesday yesterday. I did do some errands-grocery shopping, etc. It was a busy day nevertheless).

Today, I am replacing "Wordy Wednesday" with Wednesday Whining. I haven't finished the book I wanted to review and I've got a bunch to whine about. Hopefully, once I get my thoughts down, I can adjust my attitude and improve my outlook. (Hope springs eternal-right?) *grin*

Yesterday, The Man had his worst day of work in 9 years. His company is cutting back in order to insure they don't have major fiscal losses this year. This means no gain share for employees. It means raises will be low or non-existent. No travel. No extraneous expenses. Of course, The Man has to deal with all of the fall out from his employees. He remains optimistic. His perspective is positive, but it's not easy to have to cope with the negativity and endeavor to keep morale from slipping too far.

Not only does this make The Man's work environment difficult, it also means that we will be losing some income. His raise will not be substantial and he won't be getting a gain share check. I HAVE to do a better job of economizing. We can live within our means, but I'd really like to be able to save some, as well. I am going to have work harder. I can do it, but it won't be easy. I'm thinking about ways to cut costs and maybe some ways that I can earn a little bit, as well.

The Kidlet had a very difficult evening, as well. Last night was the school Open House and he was just so excited to show us all around. He was so cute, but so wound up. He had trouble holding himself together. The place was a zoo. So many people. He had a bit of a meltdown. We took him home and he went to bed early.

I have woken up in the middle of the night for the past two nights. I couldn't get back to sleep for at least an hour or more. UGH. I am so tired. I can't believe how much I have to do around this house. I am having a hard time keeping up. It's ridiculous. I have all day, but I cannot stay ahead. URGH.

OK. Attitude change. No more whining. I have challenges, but I have so many blessings! I am going to focus on the positive elements and create a beautiful life for my family.

No comments: