Friday, October 03, 2008

Thrifty Thursday


(I'm posting a little bit late, but better late than never!)

Today is Thrifty Thursday! This is the place where I will write about thrifty purchases, methods I've used to pinch a penny, low cost decorating and anything else that has to do with keeping more money in the bank.

I'd like to share a couple of thrifty projects with you. The first photos are of the low cost valance I created for my dining room window.

It's made from 4 kitchen towels that were purchased at the local dollar store. I sewed them together and then sewed a couple of deep pleats into them and attached them with clips. I love how it came out. I adore plaid, so not only was I able to indulge that love, but it only cost me a few bucks to do so.




































I am also highlighting the dining table chandelier. (Sorry for the blurry pic!) This light fixture was picked up at the thrift store for around 5 bucks. The Man checked all of the wiring and then we primed and painted it. The little shades cost me 60 cents each and were purchased from another thrift store. (I had to wash them twice to get them clean!). I attached raffia to the top edge of each shade with my glue gun. Easy! The little berry wreaths were repurposed from a piece of fall decor that I bought at Target a few years ago. Cheap and easy, not to mention so pretty! I love it.
















Thanks for reading. I'll be back later with a post for Fun Friday.

No comments: